On Monday, July 2, the Sacramento Kings will host a Tech Showcase during the opening day of the California Classic Summer League at Golden 1 Center, the world’s most technologically advanced and sustainable arena. Select startups in various phases of their development will demonstrate their innovations designed to make the world a better place through technology.
“At the tech showcase, we are using the Kings platform to highlight creative start-ups, entrepreneurs and innovations from around the region in the heart of California’s fastest growing city,” said Sacramento Kings Owner and Chairman Vivek Ranadivé. “The California Classic creates a unique opportunity to connect technology and community through the celebration of basketball.”
As basketball fans enter the Grand Entrance at Golden 1 Center, they’ll have an opportunity to learn more about new technologies featuring artificial and virtual reality, as well as innovations focused on improving health and wellness. Fans are welcomed to explore the exhibits beginning at 5:00 p.m. when the arena opens for the California Classic.
The companies participating in the Tech Showcase will include:
- Aptonomy – developer of artificial intelligence software that powers industrial grade drones and unmanned aerial vehicle systems for security and surveillance.
- Because – a company that delivers thinner, more comfortable incontinence products discreetly and directly to the consumer.
- CEEK Virtual Reality – an award-winning developer of premium virtual and augmented reality experiences, and Kings Guard Gaming partner.
- Cognivive – Kings Capitalize finalist and creator of evidence-based treatments for cognitive impairments that affect millions of children and adults worldwide.
- Elysium Health – a company that has produced a supplement to combat aging through an increase in NAD+, which creates energy, regulates circadian rhythm and maintains healthy DNA.
- Evolve BioSystems – a company that developed an infant microbiome product to return a baby’s gut to its natural state, combating dysbiosis.
- Flexfit – a company dedicated to making menstrual discs that are more comfortable and a longer lasting alternative to tampons.
- Protxx – creators of a wearable sensor that is geared to help monitor athletes to reduce the risk of impact injuries, and Sacramento Kings Capitalize winner.
- Simple Habit – a platform aimed at empowering humans to focus on reducing stress through various guided and focused meditations.
- Viome – the only company with the technology to detect the nutrients and toxins being produced by your microbiome. This allows them to create precise and personalized recommendations of foods and nutrients with the goal to heal your gut and keep you free from chronic conditions.
The Sacramento Kings are dedicated to using their global platform to promote innovation and technology, and to use sport as an agent of positive change. After opening Golden 1 Center, the Sacramento Kings were honored as the Most Innovative Company in Sports by Fast Company and Sport Techie’s most Tech Savvy Team. Each season, the team hosts an annual Tech Night showcasing various groundbreaking technology like the Augmented Reality T-Shirt Cannon powered by Xperiel. In addition to Tech Night, the Kings support local innovators through the NBA’s only crowd-sourced tech contest, Capitalize, where innovators pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, including Kings fans, for a cash prize to grow their business.
The California Classic will feature the Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings at Golden 1 Center July 2-3 & 5. The tournament will be a unique opportunity for teams to look more in-depth at newly drafted rookies, sophomores and athletes competing to make NBA and G League regular season rosters before the NBA Summer League 2018 in Las Vegas.
For more information about the California Classic schedule and fan activities, visit Kings.com/CAClassic.