Frequently Asked Questions
Golden 1 Center is located at 500 David J Stern Walk, Sacramento, CA 95814
Advance Ticket Box Office Window
The Golden 1 Center Advance Ticket Box Office is only open during Sacramento Kings games. At the window, guests may purchase tickets for upcoming games, redeem special-offer coupons for applicable shows, and game night promotional deals.
The closest airport to Golden 1 Center is Sacramento International Airport, located 9.7 miles north of the arena. The airport address is 6900 Airport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95837.
- Minors (under the age of 21) are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Bringing alcoholic beverages into Golden 1 Center is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in Golden 1 Center must be consumed inside the building.
- There are no bottles or cans allowed outside of suites and lofts. Alcoholic beverages taken from suites and lofts must be poured into plastic cups.
- A maximum of two (2) alcoholic beverages per person may be purchased per sale.
- Guests who are intoxicated can and will be denied the purchase of alcohol and may be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
- Golden 1 Center Management reserves the right to check the ID of any guest trying to purchase alcohol that looks intoxicated or under the legal age limit.
- Alcohol can be purchased at the portable bars on the Plaza Level, Rush, Assembly by Crown Royal, The Elms, and Lexus Lounge. Beer can be purchased at the locations listed above and at any Local Eats location on the Plaza and Bridge Levels.
- Alcohol for suites and lofts must be preordered prior to day of event with arena suites and loft catering.
- Alcoholic beverages are subject to availability based on event (suites and lofts may or may not be affected).
- Any issues that involve an intoxicated guest, underage drinking, line jumping etc., shall be reported to Golden 1 Center Management.
Service animals are welcomed at Golden 1 Center. In keeping with U.S. ADA regulations, guests with disabilities may use a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the guest. The work or tasks performed by the service animal must be directly related to the guest’s disability. As such, animals that provide emotional support or companionship to a guest will not be permitted inside the arena.
Arena Hours of Operation
Golden 1 Center opens for most events an hour prior to the event start. For Sacramento Kings games, doors open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off.
Starting July 6, 2021, the Box Office is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and closed on Saturday and Sunday. If an event falls on Saturday or Sunday, the Box Office will be open from 12 p.m. to 1 hour into the main event.
Sacramento Kings Team Store is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Assisted Listening Devices
Golden 1 Credit Union ATMs are located inside the arena at Sections 103, 122, 202 and 222. In addition, fans may visit Golden 1 Credit Union ATMs located outside near the Box Office.
Guests are not allowed to solicit player or performer autographs on Golden 1 Center property. Guests are not allowed to loiter at Kings Practice Facility, parking garages, or any other location on Golden 1 Center property.
When public autograph sessions are scheduled for players or performers, they will be announced in advance with associated guidelines.
- Changing tables: Located in all women's restrooms, as well as in family restrooms at the following locations:
- Event Level - Assembly by Crown Royal, Rush, and Lexus Lounge
- Plaza Level - Sections 105, 114, 118, 121
- Loft Level - Outside L13 and L42
- Suite Level - Outside S11 and S34
- Bridge Level - Sections 203 and 220
- Strollers: Available for checkout at Guest Services Station near Section 109 on Plaza Level and Section 207 on Bridge Level.
- Nursing is available in the following locations:
- Event Level - Assembly by Crown Royal, Rush, and Lexus Lounge
- Your Ticketed Seating Location
- Mamava Breastfeeding Pod - Section 211
- Any of our First Aid Offices:
- First Aid Event Level – Adjacent to Security Office
- First Aid Plaza Level – Section 118
- First Aid Bridge Level – Section 207
- Baby bags, plastic bottles, and formula are permitted in Golden 1 Center as long as the bag is no larger than 16” x 16” x 8".
Backpacks are prohibited from Golden 1 Center.
Bags larger that 8"x6"1" are prohibited. Bags deemed and accepted as medical bags must be searched and tagged by a security supervisor.
Ball in Play Policy
Golden 1 Center is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Please be aware of our Ball in Play Policy, which requires guests to refrain from accessing their seats until the ball is no longer in play. The policy enables guests to enjoy an unobstructed view of the game.
Golden 1 Center and DOCO provide on-site bicycle parking spaces for use by event attendees.
Unattended bicycles that impede pedestrians are subject to removal and/or relocation. Golden 1 Center and/or its agents, shall not be responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss to bicycles or any other article left in or on the same.
Golden 1 Center encourages all bicyclists to use the bike valet and/or the bicycle storage locations provided.
While bicycling is allowed on surrounding surface streets, the use of bicycles within the outdoor plaza is prohibited. Bicyclists will be instructed to dismount and walk their bikes through the outdoor plaza.
The Sacramento Area Bike Association (SABA) offers complimentary bike valet at 555 Capitol for all Golden 1 Center events. As of March 20th, the location will change to Ali Yousseffi Square located at 7th & K St. Valet will be open two hours prior to major events and ½ hour after.
Guests are welcome to bring their personal binoculars for most events at Golden 1 Center.
Bottles & Cans
Bottles and cans are not permitted in Golden 1 Center. Outside alcohol shall be returned to the associated vehicle or is to be disposed. There are no bottles or cans allowed outside of suites and lofts. Alcoholic beverages taken from suites must be poured into plastic cups.
The Box Office will be open with the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Saturday and Sunday Event Day Hours: 12pm – Event Time
Phone: (916) 701-5401
- How to Purchase Tickets: Golden 1 Center and Kings tickets are available through Golden1Center.com, Kings.com, or Ticketmaster.com.
- The Box Office is now cashless. We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Will Call: Will Call tickets may be picked up on the day of an event or Kings game at the Golden 1 Center Box Office only. The Golden 1 Center Box Office is open two (2) hours prior to an event or game. Guests must present the credit card used to place the order and a valid photo I.D. Will Call drop-off is not allowed for all events.
- Child Admission: In most instances, children under twenty-four (24) months of age are admitted free of charge in Golden 1 Center for events provided they sit on an adult’s lap. Please note some events may have varying age requirements. Please see specific show guidelines for more information.
The arena's capacity for NBA games is 17,608 to ensure Kings fans have one of the most intimate experiences in the League.
For Kings Basketball and other NBA events:
- NBA policy strictly prohibits the use of still photos or video footage for commercial purposes without the express written consent of the NBA head office.
- Cameras containing detachable lenses and selfie sticks are not permitted in Golden 1 Center.
- Video cameras, and taking of video with other devices, are prohibited. We reserve the right to disallow cameras that, in the opinion of management, will be used to produce professionally-marketed images.
- Tripods and other equipment that could pose a tripping hazard are not permitted.
- Standing or positioning oneself in order to take pictures in a manner that obstructs the view or enjoyment of the event by others is not permitted.
For All Other Events: The above policy represents the general camera/video policy for events at Golden 1 Center. Camera policies may vary for other events.
If a Golden 1 Center event is cancelled, you may return your tickets to the point of purchase to receive a refund. If a Golden 1 Center event is postponed, please retain your ticket, as it is typically honored on the date to which the event has been rescheduled. Any additional questions, please visit Golden 1 Center Box Office.
- Rush: Club Members: rows AAA,BBB,AA,BB,CC,DD,EE,FF,GG ONLY in sections 106,107 and 108 – Also all courtside members (Section 1-9, rows 1-3)
- Assembly by Crown Royal: Club Members: rows AAA,BBB,CCC,AA,BB,CC,DD,EE,FF ONLY in sections 119,120, and 121 – Also all courtside members (Section 1-9, rows 1-3)
- Lexus Lounge: Courtside Members: Section 1-9, rows 1-3
- Boardroom: Select owners and Platinum Members – Section 2 and 3 row 1
The membership access cards that have access to these clubs should list the primary club name on the card (i.e. courtside members cards say “Lexus Lounge”)
Code of Conduct
Golden 1 Center and the National Basketball Association are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports & entertainment experience. NBA fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players and performers will respect and appreciate each and every fan.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests will not engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court. Those who engage in any of these actions will be immediately ejected from the game.
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from Golden 1 Center staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
Golden 1 Center staff have been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund, revocation of season tickets and may also be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
Compliments, Comments, Concerns
During an event, guests are recommended to express any compliments, comments, or concerns to our Guest Services Station located near Section 109 on the Plaza Level or Section 207 on the Bridge Level. Guests may also submit feedback to Guest Services via email: GuestServices@Kings.com
Sacramento has as strong a food culture as any city in the U.S. so the Kings feature a variety of farm-to-fork options celebrating local chefs and farmers. Golden 1 Center also features island Local Eats stands, open on all sides, to showcase the preparation of fresh food. Plus, similar to construction, we're excited about the positive economic impact created by local firms providing to the arena. For more about the available Local Eats stands, please visit: Local Eats
Cost of Golden 1 Center
Initial cost estimates valued Golden 1 Center at $507 million dollars, including a $233 million contribution from the City of Sacramento through a public-private partnership. The City will finance its contribution through the sale of bonds ($212 million) and parking and economic development funds ($11 million). The Kings will cover all other costs, including additional investments, predevelopment, capital repairs and development of City-owned parcels, at no cost to the taxpayer. For a full list of public documents, visit the following: CityOfSacramento.org/Arena
Guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Standing on chairs
- Exposing private body parts
- Drunk and/or disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Interfering with or delaying the game/event
- Violating Golden 1 Center’s event policies
- Violating local, state, and federal laws and statutes
- Throwing, discharging, or launching any liquid substance or objects
- Igniting and displaying flames, such as lighters/matches, in the arena
- Taunting or using offensive language against players, referees, or performers
- Attempting to enter the field of play, court, stage, or backstage areas without permission
- Using profanity and/or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another guest and/or team member with loud and unreasonable noise
Donate Kings Tickets
If you find yourself unable to use your tickets for a Sacramento Kings game, donate your tickets for use by local nonprofits by transferring them to the Sacramento Kings Foundation via CommunityImpact@Kings.com or your ClickTix account. Please transfer the tickets at least 3 days in advance of the given game. For all other ticket event donations, please email: CommunityImpact@Kings.com
The Sacramento Kings make every effort to accommodate the requests of our regional nonprofit organizations. We use the following guidelines to help maximize our impact in the community:
- All requests must be received at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event day.
- The organization must be operating within a 75-mile radius of Golden 1 Center.
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization or school.
- Organizations are limited to one (1) request within a 12-month period.
- We do not donate to third parties fundraising on behalf of other organizations.
- Organizations are expected to pick up approved items.
- For more information regarding the process for requesting donations, please visit: www.Kings.com/Community
For more information about donations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-off locations for Golden 1 Center events and Sacramento Kings games are located:
- On the east side of 4th between L Street and Capitol Mall
- On the north side of J Street between 3rd and 5th Street
- On I Street between 7th and 8th Street
Elevators are available at the following locations:
Plaza Level - Sections 104, 109, 115
Loft Level - Outside L03, L13, L26
Suite Level - Outside S02, S12, S18
Bridge Level - Sections 202, 207, 211, 213
Golden 1 Center Security and Guest Services team members have been trained in evacuation procedures. Should an emergency evacuation situation occur, emergency information will be displayed on the video board and announced on the assistive listening devices and public address system.
Electronic cigarettes are not permitted to be smoked inside Golden 1 Center at any time. Golden 1 Center is a non-smoking facility.
Escalators are available on the East and West side of the arena to transfer guests from the Plaza to Bridge Levels.
Family restrooms are available at the following locations:
Event Level - Assembly by Crown Royal, Rush, and Lexus Lounge
Plaza Level - Sections 105, 114, 118, 121
Loft Level - Outside L13 and L42
Suite Level - Outside S11 and S34
Bridge Level - Sections 203 and 220
Emergency Medical Technicians are on-site during all Golden 1 Center events. First Aid is available on the Event, Plaza and Bridge Levels, including the following locations:
Event Level - Adjacent to Security Office
Plaza Level - Section 118
Bridge Level - Section 207
In addition to its location, Golden 1 Center is carbon and grid neutral, as well as the first indoor sports venue to earn LEED Platinum designation, which is a rating system that measures design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings, homes and neighborhoods. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), it guides the building industry and provides standards for sustainability for a variety of projects.
Golden 1 Center also reflects the fabric of Northern California by utilizing regionally-sourced materials that range from glass to recycled aluminum to potentially precast concrete, composed of sand from San Benito and rocks of Sierra limestone that reflect the colors of the region. What's more, Golden 1 Center utilizes only FSC-Certified wood, an international standard of quality and responsible forest management.
Other elements include:
- Mass transit hub
- Bicycle valet for large events
- Dedicated electric vehicle charging stations
- Food bank donations
- Hydroponic gardens that may grow food for consumption on-site
- Glass orientation to minimize solar gain
- Smart temperature controls that utilize the natural delta breeze to cool the building
- Smart lighting systems to dynamically save energy
The guest instagrammer program has been discontinued at this time.
Guest Services Stations are located near Section 109 on the Plaza Level and Section 207 on the Bridge Level. Guest Services Stations are designed to provide information to guests with questions, concerns, or issues during Golden 1 Center events. Assistance for guests with disabilities is also available.
Health & Safety Protocols
Health and safety remain Golden 1 Center’s utmost priority and we continue to work closely with state and local officials to ensure protocols are in accordance with public health guidelines. Our current protocols can be found here.
Nearby hotels include, but are not limited to, the following:
Hotel Inn Capitol Plaza Sacramento (0.2 Miles)
300 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Citizen Hotel Sacramento (0.3 Miles)
926 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Embassy Suites Sacramento (0.3 Miles)
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
Delta King Hotel Sacramento (0.3 Miles)
1000 Front Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Hyatt Regency Hotel Sacramento (0.5 Miles)
1209 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Sheraton Grand Hotel Sacramento (0.6 Miles)
1230 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Quality Inn Sacramento (0.8 Miles)
818 15TH Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Econo Lodge Sacramento (0.9 Miles)
711 16TH Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Comfort Suites Downtown Sacramento (1.1 Miles)
226 Jibboom Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Red Lion Inn Sacramento (1.9 Miles)
1319 30TH Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento (2.3 Miles)
2540 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
Impact on Sacramento's Tourism
A third-party study estimated that Golden 1 Center alone will attract 1.6 million new visitors to downtown Sacramento each year.
New visitors are a major contributor to the $11.5B in estimated positive economic impact that will result from Golden 1 Center over 35 years.
Kings Team Store
Laptops or any personal computers will not be permitted inside Golden 1 Center without a proper credential.
Lost & Found
Any items found in the building should be turned into Guest Services Stations located near Section 109 on the Plaza Level or Section 207 on the Bridge Level. When a game or event ends, all unclaimed items are logged and secured. Any unclaimed items will be donated or discarded after 30 days. For any additional questions, please call: 916.701.5325
Lost children/persons should be reported to Guest Services Stations near Section 109 on the Plaza Level, Section 207 on the Bridge Level, or to the nearest security officer.
For lost tickets, guests should contact their original point of purchase. For stolen tickets, guests should contact local law enforcement first, then their point of purchase with a police report. For more information, please visit Golden 1 Center Box Office.
Messages - Birthday/Anniversary
Methods of Payment
Minimum Age a Child Needs a Ticket
All children 24 months and older will need a ticket to enter Golden 1 Center.
*Subject to change for family shows
Golden 1 Center has 650 miles of fiber-optic cable and 300-plus miles of copper throughout the venue. In addition, it has hundreds of Wi-Fi access points around the building to provide levels of connectivity never seen before in an arena, including new metrics (e.g. MBs per seat per second) to not only measure, but provide the best fan experience in the world.
Ordering Food via App
If you do not receive the post-game giveaway, please contact: email@example.com
To recieve free Jumbo Jacks offers, please visit Kings + Golden 1 Center App; ensure Kings Offers & Promos are On and Location is enabled.
To access free Jumbo Jack offers, please visit Kings + Golden 1 Center App; select My Account in bottom right corner, then visit Message Center.
Golden 1 Center has a "no re-entry" policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle, or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies, must first make contact with a Guest Services Supervisor or Manager via Guest Services Stations to make necessary arrangements.
Sacramento Kings Team Store
Sacramento Kings Team Store is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Sensory Room: Our sensory room is available for all Golden 1 Center events. The respective space is for individuals who need to regroup after becoming overstimulated. Please reach out to any Guest Services Representative or visit our Guest Service Station at Section 109 or Section 207 for assistance.
Sensory Bags: Available for all Golden 1 Center events. Sensory bags contain KCVIP badges, fidget toys, noise cancelling headphones, and other resources. Sensory bags are available for checkout (at no cost by leaving an ID) at our Guest Services Stations located at Section 109 and Section 207.
Weighted Lap Pads: Weighted lap pads are available upon request. Please visit our Guest Services Stations at Section 109 or Section 207 for assistance.
Unless otherwise specified by teams and/or event officials/management, Golden 1 Center welcomes guests bringing small signs, banners, posters and flags inside the building to show fan support during events. The following guidelines apply:
- Item must be related to the event
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- Item may not be larger than 11” x 17” in dimension
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor or advertiser signage
- Item may not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Golden 1 Center management
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Golden 1 Center management.
Golden 1 Center is a smoke-free building and smoking is prohibited within 250 feet of the arena. Please note re-entry is not allowed if a guest leaves the arena to smoke outside.
Smoking includes cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
Golden 1 Center has 34 suites that include all events year-round. Additionally, suite partners have access to three exclusive clubs on the premium level, including two Skyboxes that overlook the Plaza Level and have a direct view outside. More details on premium seating can be found here.
Suite rentals are available for some Golden 1 Center events. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Golden 1 Center has a texting service that allows guests to text directly to arena dispatchers who coordinate medical, security, and facility resources. Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 916-GOT-HELP.
To avoid counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, guests should make ticket purchases through authorized outlets only. No person in or upon any public street, sidewalk, or other public place shall sell, re-sell or offer to sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage. No person in or upon any place which is open to the public shall sell or re-sell or offer to sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage.
Tours are not currently available. Check back soon for more info.
Umbrellas are permitted for all arena events.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. Golden 1 Center does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in weapons at Guest Services Stations or Security. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Guests found in possession of the items listed above will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the arena and may be subject to arrest.
Will Call tickets may be picked up on the day of the event at the Box Office only. The Box Office is open two (2) hours prior to the event. Guests must present the credit card used to place the order and a valid photo I.D. Will Call drop-off is not available for all events.
Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
Free Wi-Fi, courtesy of Comcast, is offered to guests during all Golden 1 Center events. To connect, access the following network: #xfinitywifi@Golden1Center