Local Eats Stands Add Over a Dozen New, Hand-Crafted and Locally-Sourced Menu Items for Golden 1 Center’s Third Year
New Snacks, Entrees and Desserts Highlight Golden 1 Center’s Diverse Arena Offerings
Today, the Sacramento Kings and Golden 1 Center announced the addition of over a dozen new menu items for the start of the 2018-19 NBA Season. Building on the arena’s industry-leading cuisine program, the new menu items hold strong to the one-of-a-kind food charter that pledges to source 90 percent of the food and beverages available from within 150 miles of the arena. Golden 1 Center’s culinary team, led by Executive Chef Brien Kuznicki, has created hand-crafted, delicious new culinary concepts – within the arena’s own kitchen – for fans and guests to enjoy.
“We are constantly working to improve the menus, encouraging the cultivation of new, mouthwatering bites while delivering the highest quality foods for fans and guests of Golden 1 Center,” said Golden 1 Center Executive Chef Brien Kuznicki. “Our goal is to create food items that go above and beyond – impressing fans and continuing the Slow Food ethos which focuses on sustainability.”
The new items featured in the arena will include:
- Café Bernardo (Sections 101 and 216)
- NorCal Burger – two grass-fed burger patties, topped with Oaxaca cheese, pickled jalapenos, sliced tomatoes, avocado, and house-made aioli on a hamburger bun
- Big Cheese (Section 108)
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese – house-smoked pork shoulder on sourdough bread and sliced cheddar cheese
- El Centro (Section 115)
- Carne Asada Fries – french fries topped with grass-fed beef, Golden 1 Center’s unique nacho cheese and sour cream
- Chili Lime Salt Fries – french fries coated with Golden 1 Center’s perfect salt blend of flavors
- Porchetta House (Section 121)
- Bistro Steak Sandwich – grass-fed sirloin flap on a fresh-baked roll, topped with house-made creamy horseradish sauce
- Rotisserie Chicken with Patatas Bravas – house-brined, half chicken rubbed with a rotisserie spice blend, served alongside brava spiced potato wedges
- Block Butcher (Section 124)
- Brat Mac & Bier Cheese – rotini pasta noodles topped with Golden 1 Center’s bier cheese with bratwurst from Low Brau
- Mac & Bier Cheese – rotini pasta noodles topped with Golden 1 Center’s bier cheese
- Pretzel Bites and Bier Cheese – Golden 1 Center’s unique bier cheese paired with locally sourced pretzel bites
- Petra (Section 210)
- Loaded Greek Fries – french fries tossed with red wine vinaigrette, Tzatziki sauce, lamb and beef gyro meat, and parsley
- Sweet Bird (Section 219)
- Fried Chicken & Donut – house-brined, half chicken dipped in house-made, gluten-free spicy batter topped with house pickles and pickled red onions, and served alongside delicious Golden 1 Center brioche donuts
- Cheesecake Pop – vanilla cheesecake made in-house, covered in Guittard chocolate and rolled in sprinkles
- The Flavor Lab Cart (Section 109)
- This will be a rotating cart featuring new developments from Golden 1 Center’s kitchen including creations that coordinate with theme nights throughout the season.
- Torta – choice of grass-fed barbacoa beef, shredded chicken or carnitas pork topped with sliced tomato, refried beans, and sour cream on a telera roll
- Burger Patch Cart (Section 123)
- This new food cart features 100% plant-based, modern ingredients with nostalgic taste.
- Patch Burger – Beyond Meat patty topped with sauce, lettuce, a tomato slice, a cheddar-style slice and grilled red onion on a sourdough bun
- Also available with double patties and double cheddar-style slices
- BBQ Patch Burger – Beyond Meat patty topped with Burger Patch BBQ sauce with lettuce, sliced tomato, a cheddar-style slice, Sweet Earth hickory strips and grilled red onion on a sourdough bun
- Patch Brats & Spicy Patch Sausage – your choice of Beyond Meat sausage with mixed bell peppers and onions, cheddar sauce and creamy mustard, all on a sourdough bun
The creations will be available at their respective locations – found on Plaza and Bridge Levels – and will be open for each Kings game and select arena events. These new menu items join an already diverse list of other Local Eats and food carts located throughout the arena and adhere to the state-of-the-art Food Charter adopted by Golden 1 Center.
With a wide variety of food items, Golden 1 Center and Legends are dedicated to bringing guests the best in fan experience. This year, Golden 1 Center will continue to expand on the “Slow Food” ethos – a food movement dedicated to providing good, clean and fair food for all.
For images of the new items, visit: Sneak Peek Of This Season's Golden 1 Center Menu
For more information about Golden 1 Center’s one-of-a-kind food charter, visit Golden1Center.com/FoodCharter.
# # #
Legends is a holistic solutions agency for brands in sports, music and entertainment. The Legends 360 approach leverages our collective unparalleled experience in Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality across professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international and conventions worldwide. We are the architects of premium sports and entertainment guest experiences. More information available at www.legends.net.