Golden 1 Center Continues to Build on Industry-Leading Culinary Innovation with New Offerings for 2019-20 Season
Today, in anticipation of the Sacramento Kings upcoming season, Golden 1 Center announced an expanded menu of both Sacramento specialties and global cuisines – continuing to set the standard for locally sourced arena-fare. Golden 1 Center’s culinary team, led by Legends Executive Chef Brien Kuznicki, have been hard at work collaborating with several local chefs in the market to create new regionally inspired and hand-crafted culinary concepts to be made fresh in the arena’s kitchen.
“Each year we update our menus to reflect fresh flavors and develop delectable options that keep fans and guests coming back for Golden 1 Center’s high-quality food,” said Golden 1 Center Executive Chef Brien Kuznicki. “For this season, we’ve reimagined two of our Local Eats stands to represent Sacramento’s growing craft beer and specialty cocktail scene and bring some fun, county fair food favorites to games, concerts and events.”
Golden 1 Center’s culinary team has prepared original recipes for the 2019-20 season, inspired by the season’s bountiful ingredients grown in the Farm-to-Fork capitol of the United States, while also curating an amazing offering of the favorite signature items from the region’s most acclaimed, locally-owned dining destinations. The new menus will premiere on Friday, October 25 as the Sacramento Kings host the Portland Trail Blazers for Opening Night.
Local Eats stands this year will welcome two new concepts:
- Union Wine & Spirits (Plaza Level Section 124) – This bar concept, inspired by the Sacramento Union newspaper from the mid-1800’s, will feature throwback cocktails, draft beers and a selection of wine including:
- Signature cocktails designed with Sacramento in mind by contestants from the annual Golden 1 Center Cocktail Competition and will rotate throughout the season. For Opening Night, fans will be able to try the “Purple Shooter,” a sweet, berry-flavored drink proudly donning Kings purple.
- Custom Bogle wines, including Golden 1 Center’s very own Proud Roots.
- Beer, including Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Hazy IPA, as well as Bud Light.
- County Fair (Plaza Level Section 112) – This fun, new concept will reflect the old-school county fair favorites complete with souvenir popcorn tins including:
- Half Pound Chili Cheese Dog – An all-beer Schwartz hot dog covered in Panorama, grass-fed ground beef chili with a signature blend of spices and Golden 1 Center’s signature cheese sauce on a Le Boulanger jumbo bun.
- Souvenir Popcorn Tin – A Kings-themed tin filled with your choice of popcorn dusted with purple sea salt and Blue Diamond almonds, creamy buffalo with bleu cheese and cayenne pepper, local wildflower honey kettle corn, traditional buttered popcorn or lightly salted vegan popcorn.
Golden 1 Center’s expanded menu will also feature:
- Café Bernardo (Plaza Level Section 101 and Bridge Level Section 216)
- Double Bacon Burger – Two Panorama grass-fed patties with Llano Seco bacon prepared with red onion marmalade, Cowgirl Creamery’s Wagon Wheel cheese, lettuce and tomato on a Paragary’s bun.
- Porchetta House (Plaza Level – Section 121)
- Chicken Tenders and Tots – Fan-favorite chicken tenders on a handful of golden, crispy tater tots.
- Cheesy Tots – Crispy tater tots covered in house-made nacho cheese and fresh, locally grown chives.
- The Clucker Fried Chicken Sandwich – Hand-breaded chicken breast with coleslaw on a French brioche bun.
- Star Ginger (Plaza Level – Section 112)
- Build-Your-Own Bowl – Your choice of roasted chicken thighs, Korean BBQ flank steak or seared tofu on top of purple cabbage, house kimchi, edamame, carrot and daikon slaw, cucumber salad, kale with jasmine and brown rice and teriyaki sauce.
- Centro’s (Plaza Level – Section 115)
- Fish Tacos – Beer-battered rock fish with chipotle crème and honey lime coleslaw on Mi Rancho corn tortillas.
- Petra Greek (Bridge Level – Section 210)
- Gyro Burger and Fries – Shaved, roasted lamb and beef with tomato, red onion and red wine vinaigrette on a bun.
- LowBrau (Bridge Level – Section 201)
- Mini Corn Dog Bites – All-beef Schwartz hot dogs coated in house-made cornmeal batter and served with curry ketchup.
- Smokehouse BBQ (Bridge Level – Section 224)
- Brisket Platter – 17-hour smoked, Panorama grass-fed brisket smothered in BBQ sauce and served with mac and cheese, coleslaw and cornbread.
- Big Cheese (Plaza Level – Section 108)
- Tiramisu en Verrine – Delicious, traditional tiramisu in individual servings.
- Sweetbird (Bridge Level – Section 219)
- Cinnamon-Dusted Churro Fries – Crispy, cinnamon-sugar fries topped with a delicious, dark chocolate sauce.
- Seasonal Popsicles – House-made popsicles that feature fresh, seasonal flavors.
- Sierra Nevada Draught House (Bridge Level)
- Fan-favorite Proud Ale by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company brewed with locally-sourced mandarins and honey providing a refreshing citrus flavor and a flash of sweetness.
At the heart of the hospitality program sits Golden 1 Center’s Food & Sustainability Charter which ensures that 90% of the ingredients served are sourced from within 150 miles of the arena and drives the many other commitments of giving back to the community, leading by example in sustainable practices and educating others on ways to implement sustainable methods in their business practices. Golden 1 Center pioneered these philosophies when it opened its doors in 2016 and several other facilities across the country since have adopted them.
Additionally, Golden 1 Center has added more specialty diet-friendly options, including:
- Gluten-Sensitive Options
- Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza at Selland’s (Plaza Level – Section 106)
- Carnitas Bowl at El Jefe (Plaza Level – Section 212)
- El Jefe Nachos at El Jefe (Plaza Level – Section 212)
- Vegetarian Options
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl at El Jefe (Plaza Level – Section 212)
- Four Cheese Pizza at Paragary’s (Plaza Level – Section 118, Bridge Level – Section 203)
- Vegan Options
- Garlic Fries at Café Bernardo (Plaza Level – Section 101, Bridge Level – Section 216)
To view Golden 1 Center’s full culinary menu, visit Golden1Center.com/LocalEats.
# # #
Legends’ full-service vertical platform, including design, production, e-commerce, brand marketing, analytics, large-scale live event, venue and flagship store retail operations, is built for the global stage, with base operations domestically as well as internationally. Founded in 2008, Legends is a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit Legends.net and follow Legends at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @thelegendsway.