Two New Local Eats Stands and a Dozen New, In-House Crafted Menu Items Introduced for Golden 1 Center’s Second Year
Sweet Bird and Smokehouse BBQ Bring New Flavors to Golden 1 Center’s Diverse Arena Cuisine
Sacramento, Calif. – Golden 1 Center’s industry-leading arena cuisine program has created two new Local Eats stands and over a dozen new menu items for the arena’s second season. After winning the Venues Today Silver Spoon Award for Best New Item, Golden 1 Center’s culinary team, led by Chef and General Manager Michael Tuohy, have curated new arena treats with ingredients sourced within 150 miles of the arena, and made from scratch in the arena’s dynamic kitchen.
“We took our time looking over the ways we could improve the menus at Golden 1 Center while providing new, exciting options and maintaining a high-level of quality food,” said General Manager Michael Tuohy. “The Slow Food creations deliver that wow factor fans are looking for and also make conscious efforts in changing the food cycle.”
Smokehouse BBQ, home of classic American regional BBQ traditions, featuring hickory-smoked meats, and Sweet Bird, an innovative, culinary approach to classic chicken dishes with both savory and sweet flavors, can only be found in Golden 1 Center. Both stands take advantage of the unparalleled kitchen advantages at Golden 1 Center – the best ingredients from the world’s most bountiful agricultural region, an in-house pasty and dessert chef, and built-in meats smoker.
The Smokehouse BBQ menu will include:
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich: 12-hour smoked Panorama grass fed beef brisket, house-made coleslaw with river white dressing/ jalapeño cornbread muffin
- Smoked Pork Rib Plate: Golden 1 Center BBQ sauce, jalapeno-cornbread muffin, house chips
- Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich: house-made coleslaw, house pickles, jalapeno-cornbread muffin, house chips
- Grass Fed Beef Chili Cornbread Bowl: Panorama grass fed beef Chuck, Local stew tomatoes, Golden 1 Center’s signature chili spice blend, Petaluma creamery Cheese blend all in a house made jalapeño cornbread bowl
- Burnt Ends Mac n Cheese: house-made mac n cheese, burnt brisket ends
- Veggie Mac N Cheese: house-made mac n cheese, seasonal, fresh vegetables
- and more
The Sweet Bird menu will include:
- Donut & Spiced Chicken Sandwich: vanilla glazed Brioche Donut, Siracha Buffalo Mary’s Chicken, Buttermilk coleslaw and house pickles
- Honey Glazed Biscuit Chicken Sandwich: house-made seasonal jam, Llano Seco bacon, Mary’s Fried Chicken on a house-made honey biscuit
- House-made Kings Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwiches: purple Blue Diamond almond macaron, with Straus vanilla bean ice cream
- Fried Pies featuring seasonal fruit combination, glaze
- Cinnamon Rolls: brioche, cream cheese frosting
- And more.
Both stands are located on the Bridge Level of Golden 1 Center and will be open for each Kings game and select arena events. These new Local Eats join an already diverse list of other Local Eats and food carts located throughout the arena and adhere to the state-of-the-art food charter adopted by Golden 1 Center.
With a wide variety of food items, Golden 1 Center and Legends are dedicated to bringing guests the best in fan experience. This year, in addition to the addition of two new Local Eats stands, Golden 1 Center expanding on the “Slow Food” ethos -- a food movement dedicated to providing good, clean and fair food for all.
# # #
About Legends: As a global solution provider in the sports and entertainment industry, our visionary approach delivers results and innovation. Legends is led by industry veterans with an unparalleled amount of collective experience in Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality. We are the architects of premium sports and entertainment experiences, providing project feasibility reports, project development and analytics, premium and individual ticket sales execution and service, sponsorship and naming rights, stadium/arena tours, special event sales and sales training, general hospitality, premium food & beverage, catering, and retail merchandise.
At Legends, each team member is obsessed with making our partners best-in-class. We are proud to serve our distinguished roster of sports, entertainment and attraction clients which consist of thought leaders, iconic brands and events including Golden 1 Center, Yankee Stadium, AT&T Stadium, Nissan Stadium, nearly 40 Live Nation venues, One World Observatory, Manchester City FC, University of Notre Dame, Los Angeles Football Club, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Rams, Atlanta Falcons, NFL, Rose Bowl, University of Southern California, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Super Bowl 50 and Indianapolis 500. For more about Legends business and career opportunities, visit www.legends.net.