Top 10 Most Iconic Elton John Ensembles
By Hannah Taheri
It is impossible to think of the legendary Sir Elton John without also thinking of his one-of-a-kind sense of style. Over the years, the singer has rocked countless outfits at various events that only the star himself could ever do justice. Here's a look at 10 of our favorites!
10. Elton teamed up with none other than Lady Gaga in this statement piece at the 2010 Grammy's to perform duet versions of two of their hit songs. The theme of their set was "Fame Factory," representing the dark side of Hollywood and celebrity.
9. The suits, the top hats, the glasses...each outfit he struts in this iconic music video simply has his name written all over it.
8. In what was deemed his, "freaked out parking attendant costume," Elton performed "Little Jeannie" to a crowd of over 300,000 people in Central Park back in 1980. Later in the show, he waddled on stage in a Donald Duck costume that had the crowd roaring with laughter.
7. After the death of Princess Diana, Elton gave a truly moving performance of his song, "Candle In The Wind," dressed as Mozart and accompanied by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.
6. The superstar gave an incredible performance at the Hollywood Bowl back in 1973 in this unforgettable getup.
5. When the performer received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame back in 1975, it was only fitting for him to wear a star-studded outfit.
4. Lucy isn't the only one with diamonds. While covering this Beatles classic, Elton sparkled in this shiny outfit complete with classically flamboyant Elton glasses.
3. This look from his performance of "Crocodile Rock" on The Muppet Show in '78 surely ruffled some feathers (in the best way!)
2. When the singer stepped out in this showstopping piece for a LIVE televised performance of his holiday hit, "Step Into Christmas," it quickly became one of his most famously unique pieces.
1. Sliding into first place is this legendary outfit, which Elton sported when he famously played two nights to crowds of over 100,000 people at Dodger Stadium in 1975.
(See more photos of the iconic outfit here!)
We can't wait to see what the "Rocket Man" sports when he flies into Sacramento on January 16!