COVID-19 ARENA POLICY UPDATES
Health & Safety Guidelines
The Sacramento Kings health and safety protocols for hosting games without fans at Golden 1 Center are rooted in promoting the health and safety of players, coaches, staff, officials and media while prioritizing measures intended to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. These policies are aligned with state and local public health orders, ordinances and guidance as well as mandated NBA processes and procedures. In addition, the Kings worked in close collaboration with the Sacramento County Department of Public Health to provide detail on the rigorous NBA health and safety protocols in place at Golden 1 Center and receive approval to host games without fans in attendance. As our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, our policies and plans will be updated as appropriate.
Golden 1 Center Safety Protocols
Golden 1 Center has rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures and technologies in place and has implemented nationally recognized and league approved protocols and recommendations.
- Certifications: On December 7, Golden 1 Center announced it had received the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility certification – the gold standard in the worldwide cleaning industry awarded to a facility that has established the practices, procedures and protocols to prepare, respond, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
- Enhanced, continuous cleaning and disinfecting protocols: The entire arena – including every hard surface, door, door handle, entry/exit point, stairwell, escalator, handrail, and elevator – is continuously sanitized using hospital-grade technologies such as the use of electrostatic and backpack sprayers and EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Enhanced ventilation and air filtration systems: All air handlers in the building have been upgraded with hospital grade filters have been installed to improve filtration rate, and capture a higher percentage of viruses, bacteria, dust and mold. The building also features 100 percent outside air circulation.
- Additional signage: Floor and wall signage have been placed throughout the arena o reinforce physical distancing, face covering requirements, hygiene including handwashing and hand sanitizing stations.
Employee and Media Protocols
At this time, fans are not permitted in the arena. However, select essential personnel will be present to ensure flow and function of gameday as well as a limited media contingent.
- Assigned zoning and access level tiers throughout arena have been implemented per NBA protocols to limit building movement and potential exposure, as well as dictate testing procedures and contact tracing procedures.
- Arrival + Departure: Planned arrival and departure paths of travel have been implemented for each zone, as well as the completion of a mandatory health questionnaire (CLEAR Health Pass) upon entry.
- PPE (facemasks) and social distancing requirements are in place at all times while inside the building.
- Employees have been provided thorough, up-to-date training on new building safety standards and procedures.
- All essential/on-court personnel, Sacramento Kings players, visiting teams, and officials must clear required COVID-19 testing prior to the game.
No Fans to Start the Season
In accordance with state and local public health guidelines in place to slow the spread of COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution for the health and well-being of the community and valued fans, games will be played at Golden 1 Center without a crowd in attendance to start the 2020-21 season. This is also in compliance with the current regional Stay at Home Order which details that professional sports may proceed without fans (refer to last bullet of FAQ section on the COVID19.ca.gov website).
Fans have the opportunity to purchase a fan cutout so they can be part of the action at Golden 1 Center all season long. A portion of the proceeds will benefit local nonprofits focusing on health, education, and diversity and inclusion. Fans interested in “securing their seats” should visit Kings.com/FanCutouts.